The Apprentice Guardian is a type of Familiar. It improves the damage of one or more nearby hero defenses.
- The number of defenses it may boost at a given time may only be upgraded once every 10 pet levels, up to a maximum of 5 defenses.
- Improved defenses will gain a small but noticeable purple sparkle.
- The Defense DamageBoost stat is functionally capped at 40 (~2.7x damage), with anything over this being wasted stats just for show.
- The Guardian might waste its boosting effect on structures that gain no benefit from it, like the Magic Blockade - so it needs to be positioned precisely to affect towers which can use its boost.
- Acquired by completing The Summit on Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty as an Apprentice.
- Increased chance of being found in the Tavern Shop after completing The Ramparts on at least medium difficulty.
- Defense will be boosted in Pure Strategy mode.
- Originally an Event for iOS users that lost their save file via the 4.2 update. Those who submitted an application got one of the 4 Guardian Heroes.
- Tegra 2 device exclusive.
Other guardians possess various enhancing effects on a hero's defenses.
- Huntress Guardian - Increases defense attack speed
- Monk Guardian - Increases defense attack range
- Squire Guardian - Increases defense damage resistance
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.