As affected enemies temporarily lose their current target, the Darkness Trap may prove useful in protecting key hero towers as well as the Eternia Crystals.
On harder difficulties, many enemies possess elemental resistances (poison, fire or electric), rendering particular elemental damage dealing hero weapons and towers ineffective. The Darkness Trap's usefulness lies in stripping such enemies of these resistances, allowing Towers and Heroes to use all of their elemental attacks and abilities against them. Also, by stripping the enemies of their elemental affinities, the Darkness Trap reduces the damage those enemies can inflict upon players/towers.
- The Darkness Trap does not benefit from the Defense Base Damage stat, since it does not deal any damage.
- The duration of the trap's effect is increased by the Defense Health stat.
- Affects all nearby enemies, regardless of their (soon to be dispelled) elemental affinities.
- It cannot make Ogres to lose their current target.
|Level||Number Of Traps||Effective Range||Effective Duration(Seconds)||Activation Range||Detonation Reset Time(Seconds)||Mana To Upgrade|
- Upgrading a hero defense increases its damage by 10% each level, and its health, lifespan or detonation count by 20% (a level 5 defense will deal 50% more damage and have 100% more health than a defense with no upgrades).
- On the other hand, upgrading a hero defense will mean that it acts as if the Hero has a higher Defense Area of Effect and Defense Attack Rate. A level 1 turret gets a bonus of +2 to all stats, while a level 5 turret gets +36.
- While the hero who summoned the tower is active, its damage is increased by 33% (PC).
|Apprentice / Adept:||Magic Blockade||Magic Missile Tower||Fireball Tower||Lightning Tower||Deadly Striker Tower|
|Huntress / Ranger:||Gas Trap||Proximity Mine Trap||Inferno Trap||Ethereal Spike Trap||Darkness Trap|
|Monk / Initiate:||Ensnare Aura||Electric Aura||Healing Aura||Strength Drain Aura||Enrage Aura|
|Squire / Countess:||Spike Blockade||Bouncer Blockade||Harpoon Turret||Bowling Ball Turret||Slice N Dice Blockade|
|Barbarian:||Tornado Stance||Lightning Stance||Siphon Stance||Turtle Stance||Hawk Stance|
|Series EV:||Proton Beam||Physical Beam||Reflection Beam||Shock Beam||Tower Buff Beam|
|Summoner:||Archer Minion||Spider Minion||Orc Minion||Mage Minion||Warrior Minion|