|PC Only Content|
Information on this page is PC specific.
The Lab Assault challenge is part of the Tinkerer's Lab Mission Pack DLC pack and takes place on the Tinkerer's Lab map. Instead of defending, the heroes must attack and destroy four Eternia Crystals. The map features a static collection of defenses and enemies, and offers a few different routes.
Towers have extremely high health and deal extremely high damage. After destroying the four Eternia Crystals, there is a boss fight with 20 powerful EVs. Their high damage can be reduced with a high generic damage resistance stat. They are prone to jump off ledges or behind entrances, which can land them in several positions in which they are difficult or impossible to attack.
- Almost all ranged attacks are restricted to a maximum distance of about 2–3 meters. You will be within range of enemy towers before you can attack them yourself. The higher your projectile speed stat, the more range your projectiles will have.
- The Barbarian's Battle Leap and Turtle Stance are disabled on all Assault levels.
- Pets do not attack.
- The ranged projectiles of the Stone's Throw Spear are not restricted by the range restriction as of PC Patch 7.36c.
- The Apprentice's Mana Bomb skill is not affected by the range limitations. This makes it useful for decreasing the time taken to beat the challenge.
- Contrary to popular belief, a BF Drill is not required to complete the challenge. Any appropriately built character can dominate the challenge even on Nightmare.
- Among the random rewards are accessories, armor, weapons, and sometimes pets, in decreasing quantity respectively. Most accessories are Supreme and can be any other quality except Ultimate and above. Other reward items tend to be good for DPS, tower stats, and/ or selling for mana, especially from Insane Hardcore.
|Recommended Level: 100||Challenge Information|
|Number of Crystals||Number of Waves|
|Defense Units||Starting Mana|
|Hazards||Mana Per Round|
|Falling Off Ledges, Being Under Presses, Furnace Fires||0|