It channels an electric current which can chain through multiple targets over long distances. This damages enemies ~3 times per second. Weaker enemies are completely paralyzed until the attack ends. Once the attack begins, it will last for its entire duration, even when there are no enemies to target.
At high stats, Lightning Towers can eliminate many of the weaker foes and reliably aggro ogres away from Eternia Crystals. Except for huge maps like Emerald City and fields 1-3 of the Crystalline Dimension, this tower can hit enemies almost anywhere on the map. On Nightmare difficulty, Strength Drain Auras or Darkness Traps are needed to redirect otherwise lighting-immune ogres.
|Level||Health||DPS||Attack Duration (sec)||Attack Range||Max Chain Targets||Max Chain Length|
- The tower's damage interval is locked at 3 ticks per second (one per 0.33 seconds.) The attack speed statistic will instead increase attack duration while also acting as a second tower attack stat.
- The DPS displayed might not be accurate with the actual damage dealt (divided by 3) due to rounding differences.
- Upgrading a hero defense increases its damage by 10% each level, and its health, lifespan or detonation count by 20% (a level 5 defense will deal 50% more damage and have 100% more health than a defense with no upgrades).
- On the other hand, upgrading a hero defense will mean that it acts as if the Hero has a higher Defense Area of Effect and Defense Attack Rate. A level 1 turret gets a bonus of +2 to all stats, while a level 5 turret gets +36.
- While the hero who summoned the tower is active, its damage is increased by 33% (PC).
- Defense Area of Effect stat exclusively determines how many targets the Lightning Tower can hit at once. Neither a buff beam or Monk Guardian can increase this capacity.
- It is similar to the Electric Aura, with a wide 360 radius, but with can only hit a single enemy and damages in a chain, while having a stun effect.
- Defense Attack Rate determines the tower's attack duration which can be extended with a buff beam and/or Huntress Guardian. A Huntress Guardian will also increase the DPS of Lightning Towers.
- The electric current does not link to lightning-immune enemies.
|Apprentice / Adept:||Magic Blockade||Magic Missile Tower||Fireball Tower||Lightning Tower||Deadly Striker Tower|
|Huntress / Ranger:||Gas Trap||Proximity Mine Trap||Inferno Trap||Ethereal Spike Trap||Darkness Trap|
|Monk / Initiate:||Ensnare Aura||Electric Aura||Healing Aura||Strength Drain Aura||Enrage Aura|
|Squire / Countess:||Spike Blockade||Bouncer Blockade||Harpoon Turret||Bowling Ball Turret||Slice N Dice Blockade|
|Barbarian:||Tornado Stance||Lightning Stance||Siphon Stance||Turtle Stance||Hawk Stance|
|Series EV:||Proton Beam||Physical Beam||Reflection Beam||Shock Beam||Tower Buff Beam|
|Summoner:||Archer Minion||Spider Minion||Orc Minion||Mage Minion||Warrior Minion|