The Phoenix is the boss of Embermount Volcano.
The Phoenix flies over the battlefield. It has three attacks which it uses in no particular order:
- It stops in-place to shoot large homing fireballs at the heroes. These create pools of fire where they land of which damage heroes and defenses over them continuously.
- The boss accelerates, takes a turn, then charges at a hero. Contact with the Phoenix during this attack deals very high amounts of damage.
- It summons 'Phoenix Flame' wyverns for assistance which can't be killed directly.
In the "Flames of Rebirth" challenge, a weaker version of the Phoenix spawns during combat. It must be defeated within a countdown timer. Otherwise, it'll evolve into its "true form," up to the same strength as its Campaign equivalent. If this happens, the current wave will not end until the fully-developed Phoenix is defeated. The immortal bird will respawn sometime after its knocked out, so players have to defeat it multiple times after the first wave.
- If there are 3-4 living, tangible heroes present, the Phoenix will shoot more fireballs in a 3-way spread.
- Series EV 1.75's Proton Charge Blast with a Pawn Shot or Honey Gun Hero Boosted can deal massive damage to the Phoenix and potentially kill it in seconds.
- A Summoner in Phase Shift can keep the team's physical defenses alive with Flash Heals without attracting the Phoenix's attacks.
- Similarly, a Jester can roll "Heal Allies" (three potions) on her Wheel O' Fortuna right after one of the Phoenix's attacks.