The Sharken is an aquatic creature that was added with the Part 3: Aquanos DLC on 26 April 2012 for PC.
These sharks possess the ability to physically push aside hero defenses, similar to the Goblin Mech boss. Sharken will generally not stop to attack hero defenses, but proceed directly to the Eternia Crystals, pushing physical hero defenses out of their way.
Upon seeing a physical hero defense, a yellow "!" appears above the Sharken and it stops to wind-up for several seconds. Then it charges at it straight forward with of both arms out. This charge deals tremendous damage to the hit defense and knocks it back from its original position. If the Sharken is damaged by an attack with sufficient knockback, before it charges forward, the monster will flinch.
At melee range, Sharken alternate between powerful sideswipes and two-arm forward slams. Heroes hit by a slam are launched away, while minions suffer far less knockback.
- Auras, Traps and Beams (excluding the Physical Beam) are not physical defenses, meaning that Sharken will not wind-up in-response to them.
- Sharken cannot move minions, Holographic Decoys, or Presents despite being physical defenses. -- They may be unable to push other defenses in front through the unmovable defenses (unconfirmed).
- Gas Traps, Lightning Stance and Shock Beams can interrupt Sharken wind-up attempts whilst stunning the enemy.
- Placing an inexpensive defense (such as a Magic Blockade) near a cliff will cause Sharken to charge at it, plummeting to their death.
- While winding up, if the target defense is moved by a Jester, the Sharken will turn to face the relocated defense. In the end, the monster will still charge towards the defense's original location.
- If a charging Sharken happens to bump into a natural obstacle of the map, it becomes dizzy and cannot move again for a few seconds.
- Sharken will not attempt to push a defense it can attack at or close-to the shark's melee range.
- The Sharken is mentioned in the weapon description of the Bonecutter.
- Its name is a combination of 'shark' and 'Kraken' (which is also the boss of Aquanos).
- Defenses can be pushed into positions not possible by players. Blockades can float in midair, and Physical Beams can get shoved into natural walls.